This Year's December meeting will be our Christmas Party, however, because of covid, this will be a virtual meeting/party, and we will host it through ZOOM.
To take part in the meeting, for a social get together, and our Gift exhange, simply click on the link provided to be part of our party. Full details of the Gift Exchange rules will be posted on our forum under announcements.
follow the following link to log on to the zoom meeting.
Join us for a holiday gathering, social, and VIRTUAL Christmas Gift Exchange.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Each gift is aquarium related
- Each gift is at least $10 in value, (most items will be in excess of $10)
-JRAS will underwrite the costs of purchased gifts
-There are some "SPECIAL" gifts where the value far exceeds the norm. (These items were donated by our supporters for auctions we did not have this year)
-All Gifts were purchased or donated by our local fish stores, some donated items were not used in our Auctions or Raffles this year.
HERE IS HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE EXCHANGE:
You must be a paid, up-to-date member to take part in the gift exchange.
(if you are not sure of your membership status, we will let you know when you when your membership is due when you apply to play.)
2. If you wish to take part in the exchange, you need to send $10.00 to Susan Bragg, Treasurer:
5409 Falmouth Street, Richmond, VA 23230
(if you are sending money for both membership and exchange, please add a note to our treasurer)
3. Once you decide to play, send an acknowledgement to David Sombach by the Contact page here on the forum, or on any page on this website (make sure to add your email for correspondence) The "CONTACT" form is on the bottom of any page on this website.. simply scroll down to the bottom of any page and you will see the form. We will confirm your membership status at that time. If you need to renew, we will advise you, and you can send your membership money renewal to Susan Bragg at the same time as your Gift Exchange money. We will take you at your word that you have sent the monies.
4. YOU MUST SEND YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 16TH AT 5:00 p.m. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY.
5. Because I am the Administrator for this, I will not be taking part in the Gift Exchange, so there will be no bias!
After everyone has been recorded as a player in the exchange, all the names will be put into a bowl. I will pull out names in a random order, and assign a number to each person as I pull out their name from the bowl starting at #1 and numbering to the last person chosen from the bowl. I will tell you all who is #1,#2, etc.
Each gift will be noted on a piece of paper and pulled from a bowl and numbered from #1-last same way as I pulled names. I will have all the gifts, (in order) on a table that I can see but players cannot.
It starts with me saying " #1 is _(person)__ You pick first! and choose a number between #1-last item number
#1 chooses a number and I hold up that gift so everyone can see what #1 picked, based on the gifts number.
Then we go on to Person #2, and they have an option to steal someone's gift (at this point only #1's gift) or choose another number based on what is left. This goes on in successive order until all the gifts have been chosen. Any person can steal anyones gift, (as long as they haven't been stolen 3 times and "locked") If your item was stolen, you can steal another persons gift or choose a new number.
GIFTS CAN BE 'STOLEN' 3 TIMES DURING THIS EXCHANGE AND WHEN THE GIFT HAS BEEN 'STOLEN' THE THIRD TIME, IT IS CONSIDERED LOCKED IN AND RETIRED.
(to keep order, i will put a post it note on each gift as they are chosen/stolen with the persons name so i can keep track, and if a gift is stolen on the third steal, i will lock that gift and make all aware)